The American Insitute for Cancer Research (AICR)
Why run for TeamAICR?
Because AICR is the cancer research charity that funds research that looks specifically at the links between nutrition, physical activity and weight management to cancer prevention and survivorship.
Scientists estimate that about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented by eating a healthy diet, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight. We know marathon runners are committed to these goals, which makes YOU and US perfect partners.
What you Give:
- Your dedication.
- Your endurance.
- Your voice to ask for support.
What you get:
- Guaranteed entry in San Francisco Marathon 2012 ( if you do not already have a bib) **Including entry into the SOLD OUT First Half Marathon
- A TeamAICR running jersey and goodie bag
- Personal fundraising and donation page
- Marathon Training Plans
- Weekly training and fundraising support
- Major kudos from scientists and researchers whose endurance event takes place in labs and cancer centers across America; and from cancer patients and survivors whose endurance event is a life or death matter.
Link up with us on Facebook for awesome diet and training tips! Follow us on twitter : @teamaicr