Digital Marketing Manager
Dynamic, multi-channel marketing opportunity in endurance athletics niche. Role offers involvement in multi-channel strategy and campaign execution. Hands-on opportunity that requires a self-starter who wants direct impact on revenue and the opportunity to create great work. Fast-paced, start-up style work environment. Rare opportunity that requires someone who is both creative and analytical – able to craft campaign messaging then monitor, measure and optimize its performance across various platforms.
Desired Characteristics: Creative, analytical, self-starter, opportunistic, able to hustle, determined, committed to creating great work, customer-focused
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing: email marketing, social media marketing, SEM, SEO
- Ability to manage campaign execution across website, social platforms, affiliate opportunities, etc.
- Experience managing marketing messaging to communicate distinct brand message through campaign duration across social, email, print, etc.
- Ability to cater marketing campaigns to target audience segments – and adapt and improve messaging to optimize engagement of each segment
- Comfort analyzing datasets to determine ROI of marketing campaigns and optimize across a diverse media mix: email, organic/SEO, retargeting, SEM, social, events, affiliate – for highest quality traffic at lowest CPA possible
- Personal/sincere interest in endurance athletics niche, which comes out in your work
- Event production experience a plus
- Experience with A/B testing or optimizing conversion funnel/landing page a plus
- Experience managing agency relationships to goal CPAs (SEM, retargeting) a plus
- Customer-service experience ideal – or must have an innate proclivity to put the user first from campaign conception through execution
- Ability to get stoked about running for a really, really long time a plus
Full-time role in downtown San Francisco with competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including healthcare and 401K plan.
Please send letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Manager for The San Francisco Marathon and The Berkeley Half Marathon
The Production Manager works directly with the Production Director and Production team members to develop and execute events. The Production Manager will focus on event permits, staffing needs, as well as the medical plan for events.
The Production Manager is expected to take on the following roles and responsibilities:
- Manage all San Francisco Marathon and Berkeley Half Marathon permitting processes with public and private agencies
- Attend meetings, submit applications and payments as needed
- Work with Production Director to keep budget up to date
- Communicate terms of permits to all departments to ensure we are keeping within the boundaries
- Maintain relationships with city agencies
- Recruit and manage all event staff for both The San Francisco Marathon and The Berkeley Half Marathon
- Write and update all staff instructions, distributing to staff and training positions as needed
- Maintain production timeline and staff spreadsheets, implementing changes and updating instructions on an ongoing basis
- Work with Production Director and accounting department to keep budget up to date and distribute payment to staff post-event.
- Collect post-race feedback from staff to improve upon future events
- Recruit and manage all volunteers for both The San Francisco Marathon and The Berkeley Half Marathon
- Responsible for overseeing volunteer commitment/attendance
- Maintains volunteer tracking spreadsheets and instructions, implementing changes and updating on an ongoing basis
- Manages and trains key volunteer positions for event weekend
- Manage and oversee event medical plans
- Coordinate with all medical vendors (including, ambulances, bike medics, medical volunteers and HAM radio operators)
- Develop and update medical communication plan to ensure race day actions are efficient and successful
- Work closely with Medical Director regarding event supply and staffing needs from a medical perspective
- Coordinate invoicing and payments with all vendors, working with Production Director to keep budget up to date
Production Team Support
- Manage busing needs for events and communicate with bus vendor – includes ordering, scheduling, invoices and instructions.
- Oversee and manage the planning of Runner VIP Party on race day. Coordinate all elements of event with host venue, including menus, budget, timeline and contracts.
- Work with Production Director to keep budget up to date
- Work with marketing department to ensure website and runner communication about busing and VIP is up to date and accurate.
- Oversee and report ticket sales for both busing and VIP
- Additional support of Production Team as needed
Jumping Fences, Inc. Best Practices
- Maintain and update as needed, Projects in Projectforce and contacts in Contactforce
- Adhere to Handbook guidelines
Position type: full-time, regular, non-exempt.
Start date: Immediate.
Position compensation: Commensurate with industry standards and professional experience.
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: Production Director
A strong candidate will have the following required prior experience, skills and dispositions:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of event experience with an operational and logistical background
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage part-time event staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining organization and attention to detail. Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs
- Ability to build relationships and resolve conflicts;
- Willingness to provide clear information others require to make decisions;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to modify approach for different audiences from volunteers to government officials;
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience skills and dispositions:
- Production experience in the sports, entertainment or outdoor event industry.
- Working knowledge of San Francisco city area and event sites is preferred.
- Forklift certification is a plus.
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Production Manager” and attaching a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Jumping Fences, Inc. carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in Jumping Fences, Inc.
Jumping Fences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.