Marketing and Customer Service Intern
The Marketing and Customer Service Intern will own front-line customer service and marketing for The San Francisco Marathon (TSFM). The Marketing and Customer Service Intern will be TSFM’s first line of contact with the public, and is responsible for engaging with the public with patience, good humor, enthusiasm and thoughtfulness. In addition to providing high-quality Customer Service, the Marketing and Customer Service Intern will work on various customer-facing marketing tasks.
As the primary function of this internship is to support customer service at TSFM, this person must be available to work July 23-27, 2015. Note that this internship will begin at approximately 20 hours per week in June and increase to 40 hours a week by the last two weeks in July. This internship will end mid-August. There is potential for the same person to return in the same role for the Berkeley Half Marathon in from September-October 2015, if they are successful in this role and interested in continuing on.
TSFM’s Internship Program delivers authentic workplace learning experiences to students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Program participants are fully integrated into TSFM’s San Francisco offices, side by side leading professionals in the fields of marketing, business development and event production, with the aim of sharpening real-world skills in a paid learning environment.
Position Detail The Marketing and Customer Service Intern is expected to take on the following roles and responsibilities: • Answer and respond to phone calls to answer customer service inquiries;
• Respond to emails to answer customer service inquiries;
• Review and update customer service content on TSFM website to ensure that all information is accurate and detailed, to help reduce direct customer service inquiries;
• Maintain customer records by updating account information or creating new records when necessary; • Assist in social media marketing;
• Perform press prospecting & database creation;
• Aid in content promotion correspondence;
• Aid in the resolution of post-race requests, including: cancellations, t-shirts, medals and left-behind items; and
• Other duties as may be assigned to support TSFM customer service, marketing and production.
Position type: Temporary, seasonal, non-exempt employee.
Start date: Immediate. Position compensation: $12-15 per hour, based on prior experience
Position Location: San Francisco
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: Marketing Director
A strong candidate will have the following required prior experience, skills and dispositions:
• At least two years of collegiate education;
• Experience providing business to consumer customer service, by phone or via email;
• Demonstrated interest in marketing or customer service;
• Professional or academic experience with marketing a plus;
• Highly detail-oriented and able to complete tasks with accuracy in a timely fashion;
• Ability to be patient, thoughtful and professional when responding to public inquiries; and
• An enthusiastic team player that is able to identify where they are needed and pitch-in with willingness and a positive attitude.
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Marketing and Customer Service Intern” and attaching a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Jumping Fences, Inc. carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in JFI.
Jumping Fences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.