Benefiting the San Francisco LGBT Community Center
The SF Marathon’s 5K race just got a little more fabulous. We’re proud to announce the San Francisco LGBT Community Center as the 2013 beneficiary. For every 5K or Progressive Marathon registration, The SF Marathon will donate $5 to the center to fund programs that meet critical needs and support a vibrant community. But that’s not the only exciting update this year! The 5K route has been changed to incorporate more of the scenic Embarcadero waterfront. To fundraise additionally for this great center, please click here.
NOTE: All 5k runners must pickup their bib and shirt at the Expo
What do you receive?
- Registration into The Fabulous 5K
- Official Tech Race Shirt – 5K runners who wish to exchange their shirt for another size may do so at the 5K tent located on the Embarcadero between Market and Mission, on race morning
- Commemorative Fabulous 5k Sunglasses (Yes, you’re reading this correctly. They are rad.)
- Finish Line Food, Water, and Electrolyte
- Electronic Finishers’ Certificate
- NOTE: If you are not an Official Finisher, you will not be guaranteed sunglasses or an official result
- Progressive Marathon medal (if you have signed up for the Progressive Marathon and when you turn in your Tracking Sheet and finish the 5K race)
The mission of the San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Community Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. When visitors arrive at the Center, they find free services like career counseling, job fairs, computer lab, social activities, mentorships, youth meals, daycare, various workshops and much more. Here they can connect with other LGBT people and organize to secure our equal rights. The Center is truly the heart, home and hands of the San Francisco LGBT community.
Progressive Marathon Tracking:
This year there are 2 tracking options. 1. you can track your training mileage on Dailymile in the “Progressive Marathon Tracking Challenge”. You’ll need to sign up for a free Dailymile membership if you don’t already have one, then log to upload each run.
OR 2. you can print off our Progressive Marathon Tracking Sheet and turn it in at the Expo or on Race Day.Packet Pick-Up Start Times
Bag Check and Shuttle Bus Details