The San Francisco Marathon and Jumping Fences, Inc (race producer) are committed to providing needed resources and services to community organizations. Whether it is through our Cause to Run Fundraising Program, shoe donations, food donations, volunteer support, or even shirt donations – we want to make a difference!
Here are some of the ways we are involved in the local, regional and global community!
- Sponsor of the 2012 ArtSeed Art-A-Thon, a 10-hour Art-making marathon to raise money for apprenticeships and fine arts.
- Dug our hands in the earth at The Free Farm.
- Presenting Sponsors of The Big Rumble Emergency Preparedness Event October 2009
- Hosts of a World Run Day event in San Francisco on November 2009 and 2010
- Assist SF Rec and Park in organizing city-wide Hershey’s track meet. The track meet is open to all children in San Francisco and is held annually in the Spring.
- Donate old race shirts to the Community Youth Sport Association in Lusaka, Zambia through FlipFlopFoundation (a Cause to Run organization).
- Supply and volunteer at a water station for Sunday Streets in San Francisco.
- Volunteered at Groceries for Seniors – packed groceries.
- Collected over 10,000 pairs of running shoes from our participants and donated them to St Vincent De Paul and other charity groups.
- This year we were thrilled to be one of the supporting races of the Coast to Coast Dusty Toes Marathon.
Here are a few pictures from the event: