General Public transportation
Many SF Muni lines are impacted by the event, with reroutes and delays. Please see http://www.sfmta.com/calendar/alerts for more information.
Impact on San Francisco Neighborhoods and Suggested Detours
The Embarcadero – 12:01 am to 2:45 pm
- Northbound Embarcadero/King St. will be closed from 3rd St. to Broadway.
- Southbound Embarcadero will be closed from Broadway to Harrison.
- See the map above for suggested detours
Click image above for larger view.
Fisherman’s Wharf – 5:00 am to 7:30 am
- On Jefferson Street between Northpoint and Hyde, no vehicles will be allowed.
Golden Gate Bridge Roadway Lanes – 1:00am to 10:00am
- Please see http://goldengate.org/news/ for more info.
- From 1:00am to 10:00 am, expect delays crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. There will be two-way vehicle traffic at all times, but some lanes will be closed.
- By 10:00am, the roadway will be returned to normal operation.
Golden Gate Bridge Exit and Parking Area – 12:00 am to 10:00 am
- Please check http://goldengate.org/news/ for more info.
- Last northbound San Francisco exit, off Doyle Drive just before the toll plaza will be closed from midnight to 10:00 am.
- The southeast parking lot will also be closed from midnight to 10:00 am.
- First southbound exit after the toll plaza onto Merchant Road will have no access beyond the toll plaza itself and no access into the Presidio from Midnight to 10:00 am.
- Vista Point exit (northeast side) and the Vista Point parking lot will be closed from midnight to 10:00 am.
Presidio and Golden Gate National Recreation Area – 12:00am to 10:00
- From midnight to 10:00am, there will be no access to the Golden Gate Bridge through the Presidio.
- From 4:30 am to 10:00am, Lincoln Blvd. and all intersections onto Lincoln Blvd. from the 25th Ave. gate to Lendrum Ct. will be closed.
- Baker Beach residents may enter and exit the housing areas via the service road from Battery Caulfield. Traffic will be allowed access and egress from Brooks/Baker Court via Lincoln Blvd. to South Pershing Ave.
- From 4:30 am to 10:00am, Mason Street and all intersections onto Mason Street will be closed from the Marina Gate to Crissy Field Avenue.
- From 4:30 am to 10:00am, Crissy Field Avenue will be closed.
Richmond District – 6:00am to 10:00 am
- Eastbound and Westbound Vehicle Traffic should expect delays at 26th Ave. and 27th Ave.
- 26th and 27th Avenues from Fulton Street to Lake Street closed to through traffic. Cross traffic will be allowed intermittently on California, Clement, Geary, Balboa or Cabrillo – expect significant delays.
- Residents west of 27th Avenue are encouraged to use the Great Highway.
Sunset and Richmond Districts – 6:00am to 11:30am
- North and south access through Golden Gate Park should use Great Highway, Kezar, or 19th Avenue/Park Presidio – expect significant delays.
- In Golden Gate Park, southbound Crossover Dr., JFK Dr. from Great Highway to Kezar, MLK Jr. Way from Lincoln to Crossover Dr., Transverse Dr., and Stow Lake Dr. will be closed from 5:00 am to approx 11:30 am.
Upper Haight Street – 6:30 am to 11:30 am
- North and south access across Upper Haight Street should use Kezar Drive (from or to Lincoln off Oak and Fell) – expect significant delays.
Lower Haight Street – 6:30 am to 11:45 am
- North and south access across Lower Haight Street should use Steiner or Fillmore – expect significant delays.
Market Street – 6:30 am to 12:00pm noon
- Westbound and Eastbound travel on, and access to, Market Street at Duboce Ave. and Guerrero Street should expect significant delays.
Mission & Potrero Districts: 15th, 16th, & 17th Streets – 6:45am to 12:30pm
- Northbound and southbound traffic needing to cross over 15th, 16th, and 17th streets should use Highway 280 or Highway 101 whenever possible. Crossovers are also available at some city streets where significant delays should be expected – Valencia, South Van Ness, Folsom, Bryant, or Potrero Street.
Third Street Detour – 7:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Impacted between 20th and 25th Streets.
- Southbound traffic should use westbound 20th Street overpass to southbound Pennsylvania Street to eastbound 25th Street to Third Street. Northbound traffic should use Cesar Chavez to northbound Pennsylvania Street to eastbound 18th Street to Third Street – expect significant delays.
South Beach Area – 7:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Terry Francois Blvd. will be closed.