Elite Athlete Application
On behalf of The San Francisco Marathon, thank you for your request to participate as an Elite Athlete. Please review the criteria below before beginning the application process.
- Personal Records: Applicants will be asked to provide 2 Personal Records in order to be considered. Please submit your top 2 records complete with Event Name, distance, Place, Finishing Time, and event date. Personal Records that were not run within the past 2 years will not be considered.
- Consideration Requirements for Elite Athlete Status:
- Complimentary Entry and Accomodations: Sub-2:25 Men / Sub- 2:40 Women or equivalent within the past two years is suggested for consideration.
- Complimentary Entry: Sub-2:40 Men / Sub-3:00 Women or equivalent within the past two years is suggested for consideration.
- Visas and Letters of Invitation: Unfortunately we are unable to invite non-U.S. athletes who are required to have a U.S. Visa, but do not currently have a U.S. Visa and are not currently residing in, or visiting the U.S. This includes our being unable to write letters of invitation. We encourage athletes to print out their registrations to present a needed.
- Purse / Funding towards flights: This year The San Francisco Marathon will not be providing any funding for either flights nor will there be a purse.