Racing as a team is a great way to promote team work in your organization, camaraderie amongst your friends, and friendly competition against other similar groups. Register as a team now to get active, meet others and have fun while training and racing.
Teams: Minimum of 4 people participating in the same event. Maximum of 10 people. Note: if your company/group has more than 10 people, divide yourselves into team 1 + team 2 and compete against each other or as a super-unit!
Event: A team can compete in any of our 5 events (Full Marathon, 1st Half Marathon, 2nd Half Marathon, Progressive Marathon, 5K). All team members must run the same event.
Categories: Each team must register under one, and only one, of the following categories: all male, all female, coed (2 male & 2 female), corporate (from the same company), or university (attending or graduated from the same university).
Scoring: Total finishing time of top 4 runners determines team’s finish time.
Awards: The team with the fastest finishing time in each event (Full, 1st Half, 2nd Half, Progressive, 5K) will be awarded. Wipro Team Challenge Awards will be given to winners from each category. The company with the most members participating in The Wipro Team Challenge will be given a separate award, courtesy of Wipro.
How to register a team:
- When registering for the race you will be required to answer the drop-down question “Running on a team?”. Select the creating a team option to create a team.
- Fill out the “Team Name” category.
- Select from the following categories: Corporate, All-Male, All-Female, Co-ed, and University Alumni. You may only choose one category, so choose wisely.
- Proceed with your registration. Please note that this is not an automated system–your team will be added to the system within 24-hours, at which point additional members may join.
How to join a team:
- When registering for the race you will be required to answer the drop-down question “Running on a team?”. Select the “Joining a Team” option to create a team.
- A drop-down menu of teams will appear. Select your team’s name from the drop-down menu.
- Proceed with registration.
- Start brainstorming team cheers, preferably rhyming.
Training for teams:
Train with Run365, the official Training Program of The San Francisco Marathon, as you prep your team for the Wipro Team Challenge! If you are training with your company you are eligible for a 15% discount on training + race packages, contact [email protected]
**If you have already registered for the race and would like to create and/or join a team, or if you have any questions regarding The Wipro Team Challenge, please email [email protected].