Earn a refund of your registration fee by Fundraising for Climate Change initiatives!
The San Francisco Marathon’s goal in this limited inaugural test campaign is to raise funds to help address climate change by investing in initiatives that help in the reduction of carbon through programs fostering urban forest/flora new growth & maintenance, as well as education and conservation. Net proceeds* will be announced and distributed to agencies in SF Bay Area and beyond who help facilitate these endeavors.
*Fees less registration, discounts, coupons, referral and program costs.
Note: Donations are not tax deductible. Once we have allocated the funds we can advise on the causes’s policies re tax deductions.
Funds will be allocated through Committed 2 Community. The final cause recipients will be announced after the campaign closes in the fall of 2020. If you have any causes you suggest we review as potential recipients regarding Change Carbon Reduction and Education, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Fundraise the following minimal amount* and you’re registered to run:
- 1st or 2nd Half Marathon: Raise $242 (approximately 12 donors each donating $20)
- Full Marathon: Raise $358 (approximately 18 donors each donating $20)
- 5K: Raise $138 (approximately 7 donors each donating $20)
- Ultra Marathon: Raise $669 (approximately 34 donors each donating $20)
- Double Up Challenge: Sat 5K plus a Sunday event, Raise Full $447, Half $342, 5K $247, Ultra $718
NOTE: Write down a note for yourself with the above minimal amount so you can reference that amount when you create your FundRaising page.
*Amounts subject to change at time of registration.