- Complimentary Race Registration
- Official The San Francisco Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Listing on The San Francisco Marathon website
- Access to our Ambassadors-Only Facebook Group
Ambassador Roles & Responsibilities
- Distribute promotional materials in your local area (running stores, gyms, local races, etc.)
- Spread the word about The San Francisco Marathon events throughout the running community (local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc.)
- Recruit new runners, answer questions about the race, and help with signups
- Support events during Race Weekend (July 21-23, 2016)
- Be an expert on theThe San Francisco Marathon and the local face of the race!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we offer additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. In the past, these additional opportunities have included pre-race interviews and media coverage, merchandise giveaways, Pace Team invitations, sponsor product giveaways, and inclusion in special Race Weekend events. Our Ambassadors serve as both race representatives, running experts, and the local face of theThe San Francisco Marathon.
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from January through July, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each spring if they wish to continue on future years. We reserve the right to remove any Ambassador from the team at any time due to poor conduct or failure to perform duties.