2015 Ambassador Team
Application opened Monday, September 1st, 2014
All applications are due Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
- Complimentary Race Registration
- Official The San Francisco Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Discounts on Additional Events and Services
- Profile hosted on The San Francisco Marathon Website
- Opportunity for involvement in Race Weekend Media Coverage
- Potential for additional perks for The San Francisco Marathon
- Additional incentives based on involvement
- Access to our Ambassador’s-Only Facebook Group
- Collateral Distribution in hometown (running stores, local races, etc.)
- Spreading the word about The San Francisco Marathon events (local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc are all examples) and answering questions.
- Participation in the 2015 Planning, Feedback and Surveys- you are ourresearch team! Help us better serve the running community!
- Race Weekend support – to be determined.
- Be an expert on The San Francisco Marathon!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we will open up additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. In the past these additional opportunities have included pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, Pace Team invitations, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events. Our Ambassadors serve as both race representatives and our consulting team – we look to you for feedback, tips, and new ideas!
All Ambassadors will be featured on The San Francisco Marathon Website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media, meet-up runs, and more! You will have the opportunity to lead and guide new and inexperienced runners through their training process, motivate and inspire our runners, and share your story!
We encourage frequent communication and love to hear about your running goals and accomplishments.
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from April to November, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each spring if they wish to continue on future years. The San Francisco Marathon reserves the right to remove any Ambassador from the team at any time due to poor conduct or failure to perform duties.