Race Morning BART Busing
BART doesn’t run early enough to get you to The Biofreeze San Francisco Marathon Embarcadero Start Line, but don’t fret! The Biofreeze San Francisco Marathon offers early morning bus service from six Bay Area BART stations, so you can forget the hassle of driving and focus on the race.
- Buses transport runners from the Walnut Creek, El Cerrito Plaza, MacArthur, Bay Fair, Daly City and Millbrae BART stations on Race Morning and arrive by 4:45am at the Main Start Line on the Embarcadero.
- Bus drivers will have a list of names for those who have purchased and will check them in on race morning – you do not need a physical ticket with you to board the bus.
- Bus Schedule Options: Bay Fair (San Leandro) at 4:05am; Daly City at 4:20am; El Cerrito Plaza at 4:20am; MacArthur at 4:20am; Millbrae at 4:15am; Walnut Creek at 4:10am. Buses to arrive by 4:45am at the Embarcadeo.
- Plenty of free parking is available at each location.
- 2nd Half Marathon runners may use the BART Buses to get to the 2nd Half Start Line – please stay on the bus when it arrives at the Embarcadero. The buses will load those waiting at the Embarcadero, and then shuttle everyone to the start of the 2nd half.
BART will be running normally after you cross the Finish line, so just buy a BART ticket, hop on, and head home. The BART Station Bus Ticket does not include return BART Ticket Fare.
Stay tuned for 2019 BART bus ticket info!
- BART Bus FAQs
- Do I need anything to get on the bus? Wrist band, proof of purchase?
All you need is your ID. Bus drivers will have a list of names for those who have purchased and will check them in on race morning – you do not need a physical ticket with you to board the bus.
- What is the parking situation like?
Plenty of free parking is available at each location.
- How will I know where to go once I’ve parked?
It’s going to be dark, and BART won’t be running yet, so you should be able to easily locate the bus in the parking lot (it will have its lights on and park in an easy-to-spot location).
- Is this the ticket to get to the start line for the second half, or to the finish line festival for the first half?
No, those shuttles are complimentary. Pick up locations can be found on our Hotel and Travel page.
- Will my BART bus ticket get me home after the race?
No, this is a one-way ticket to the event.