City Half Marathon
Sunday, July 21st, 2024
Start Time: 8:15 a.m.
Start Line: Presidio, 610 Old Mason St. (see shuttle info below)
Finish Line: Embarcadero at Folsom (Full Marathon finish line)
Distance: 13.1 miles with a 3.5-hour time limit.
Race Fee: $164.99
The 2nd Half Marathon course is USATF-certified. What You’ll Experience: The 2nd Half “City” Marathon is a local favorite as it winds through iconic city neighborhoods and finishes at the official San Francisco Marathon Finish Line—and with a later start time and faster route, runners have more time to take in the festivities! This unique and memorable route is packed with experiences, including:
- Crissy Field with the Golden Gate Bridge so close you can almost touch it.
- Refreshing Bay breezes with Eucalyptus in the air – a constant while running marathons in San Francisco.
- Picturesque views of the Sea Cliff neighborhood with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop.
- Golden Gate park and the iconic Haight Street.
- Historic Mission District and the newly developed Mission Bay District.
- Up-close views of major league sports stadiums including homes of the Golden State Warriors and the San Francisco Giants.
- Positive energy from spectators at the finish line and along the Bay Bridge.
What You Need to Know: Runner Shuttle Buses will pick up runners from 6:45 am to 7:30 am in 5 to 10 min. intervals from the Main Start Line near the Embarcadero, at Howard St. and Spear St., and drop off at the start line of the City Half Marathon, at Halleck and Mason St, in the Presidio.