2nd Half Marathon – “The City Half”
Sunday, July 28, 2024
Start Time: 8:15 a.m.
Start Line: MLK Jr. Drive @Golden Gate Park (see shuttle info below)
Finish Line: Embarcadero at Folsom (Full Marathon finish line)
Distance: 13.1 miles with a 3.5-hour time limit.
Race Fee: $204.99
The 2nd Half Marathon course is USATF-certified. What You’ll Experience: The 2nd Half Marathon, “The City Half” is a local favorite. With a start in Golden Gate Park near the ocean, it winds through the Golden Gate Park around Stow Lake and past the Conservatory of Flower before finding your way to iconic city neighborhoods with a finish at the official San Francisco Marathon Finish Line—and with a later start time and faster route, runners have more time to take in the festivities! This unique and memorable route is packed with experiences, including:
- The Start Line is located at Golden Gate Park near Murphy Windmill.
- Refreshing Bay breezes with Eucalyptus in the air – a constant while running marathons in San Francisco.
- Picturesque views of Stow Lake, the de Young Museum, and the Conservatory of Flowers.
- Iconic Haight Street!
- Historic Mission District and the newly developed Mission Bay District.
- Up-close views of major league sports stadiums, including homes of the Golden State Warriors and the San Francisco Giants.
- Positive energy from spectators at the finish line and along the Bay Bridge.
What You Need to Know: Runner Shuttle Buses will pick up runners from 6:45 am to 7:30 am in 5 to 10 min. intervals from the Main Start Line near the Embarcadero, at Howard St. and Spear St., and drop off at the start line of the 2nd Half Marathon, at Lincoln Way and Great Highway.