Official Ambassadors of The San Francisco Marathon
Each year, a team of Ambassadors represent the San Francisco Marathon in their local running communities. Ambassadors represent a broad range of runners who participate in San Francisco Marathon – from competitive athletes with ambitious goals to amateur runners who run to keep fit and have fun.
San Francisco Marathon is proud to support runners who embody our ethos–the spirit of camaraderie and the pursuit of challenge. To that end, we are looking for ambassadors who positively impact their community by training and competing with heart and integrity. Do you volunteer for races when you are sidelined with an injury? Do you offer an encouraging word to a fellow struggling to make it across the finish line? If so, please apply! We want you to help us bring our running spirit and values to life. We deeply value our ties to our community of runners.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
We are seeking dedicated runners and engaged community members who can help us spread the word about the San Francisco Marathon on social media, at our training programs, pre and post race events, and more!
The application closes November 30th at midnight (PT). We are recruiting 26 ambassadors.
- Willing to have fun and a healthy sense of humor
- Commitment to running and a regular training program
- Established public social media account on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter and willingness to post about the San Francisco Marathon
- Ability to attend one event with one of our affiliated charities (e.g. SF Parks Alliance, Girls on the Run, Back On My Feet)
- Availability to appear at the San Francisco Marathon/RUN365 events once a month
- Running the 2020 San Francisco Marathon (or have completed The San Francisco Marathon at least once since 2015)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The primary job of an Ambassador is to help cultivate community around the San Francisco Marathon brand. We are seeking individuals to perpetuate a positive, inclusive, and inspiring culture surrounding our race.
- Utilize your public social media presence to promote content about the San Francisco Marathon including, but not limited to, registration information, race weekend logistics, merchandise, travel, community, charitable giving, runner stories, facts and figures, sustainability, volunteers, sponsors and activations, etc.
- Distribute marketing collateral and attend Expos, training runs, group runs, etc., on behalf of the San Francisco Marathon
- Interact with other Ambassadors via events and through an invite-only Facebook group.
PERKS YOU’LL RECEIVE IF YOU’RE SELECTED:
- Product samples and complimentary gear from our many fabulous sponsors and friends
- Exclusive the San Francisco Marathon branded Ambassador gear that is not available for sale
- Entry into the San Francisco Marathon (or reimbursement of race fees if already registered)
- Cameo with links to your social media channels/website from the Ambassador page on the San Francisco Marathon web site
HOW WE’LL EVALUATE YOU:
- Ambassadors will receive a discount code for promotional purposes of the San Francisco Marathon. Ambassador performance will be evaluated based on visibility in their communities, both digital and physical.
- Please note that while we are looking for individuals with substantial social media presence, we are also looking to build a diverse group of Ambassadors with complementary skill sets such as: content creation (photography/videography), community outreach, promotional event planning, etc.
- Ambassador perks will be distributed to all selected ambassadors on a pre-determined schedule. Perks will not be distributed based on performance.
- Ambassadors agree to be part of the program from January 1, 2020 to July 26, 2020.
- Ambassadors will be required to have a minimum of 5 promo code uses from your community members. If you do not meet these requirements, termination of ambassador program will occur and your free entry into the race will be voided.
- Ambassador terms expire after race on July 26th, 2020.. Ambassador terms do not automatically renew, and all Ambassadors will be required to re-apply each registration cycle.
- Ambassadors are not financially compensated in any way.
- We reserve the right to terminate any Ambassador from the program at any time during their term for any reason and your free entry into the race will be voided.
How to Apply: To apply, fill out the 2020 San Francisco Marathon Ambassador Application by November 30th. Ambassadors will be selected and notified on December 6th.
Note: If you plan to run the 2020 marathon, we suggest you enter any applicable random drawing or other entry program. If you are chosen as an ambassador and you have already paid and registered for the race, your entry fee will be refunded.