To help you with planning, whether you are a runner trying to get to the start line, or a resident of San Francisco trying to get around the city on race day, here is information on traffic impact. Quick find your neighborhood or location of interest below.
- Golden Gate Bridge Closures
- Presidio and GGNRA
- Sunset and Richmond Detour Routes
- Mission and Potrero Detours
- Market Street Delays
- Giants Game Day Suggested Detour Routes
Many SF Muni lines are impacted by the event, with re-routes and delays. Please see http://www.sfmta.com/calendar/alerts for more information.
Impact on San Francisco Neighborhoods
Embarcadero – 12:01am to 2:45pm
- Northbound Embarcadero/King St. will be closed from 3rd St. to Broadway.
- Southbound Embarcadero will be closed from Broadway to Harrison.
- See the map above for detours
Fisherman’s Wharf Closures – 5:00am to 7:30am
- On Jefferson Street between Northpoint and Hyde, no vehicles will be allowed.
Golden Gate Bridge Roadway Lanes – 1:00am to 10:00am
- Please see http://goldengate.org/news/ for more info.
- From 1:00am to 10:00 am, expect delays crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. There will be two-way vehicle traffic at all times, but some lanes will be closed.
- By 10:00am, the roadway will be returned to normal operation.
Golden Gate Bridge Exit and Parking Area – 12:00am to 10:00am
- Please see http://goldengate.org/news/ for more info.
- Last northbound San Francisco exit, off Doyle Drive just before the toll plaza will be closed from midnight to 10:00 am.
- The southeast parking lot will also be closed from midnight to 10:00 am.
- First southbound exit after the toll plaza onto Merchant Road will have no access beyond the toll plaza itself and no access into the Presidio from Midnight to 10:00am.
- Vista Point exit (northeast side) and the Vista Point parking lot will be closed midnight to 10:00 am.
Presidio and GGNRA – 12:00am to 10:00am
- From midnight to 10:00am, there will be no access to the Bridge through the Presidio.
- From 4:30am to 10:00am, Lincoln Blvd. and all intersections onto Lincoln Blvd. from the 25th Ave. gate to Lendrum Ct. will be closed.
- Baker Beach residents may enter the housing areas via the service road from Battery Caulfield. Intermittent traffic will be allowed access and egress from Baker Ct. and Brooks Ct. via Lincoln Blvd.
- From 4:30am to 10:00am, Mason Street and all intersections onto Mason Street will be closed from the Marina Gate to Crissy Field Avenue.
- From 4:30am to 10:00am, Crissy Field Avenue will be closed.
Richmond District – 6:00am to 10:00am
Eastbound and Westbound Vehicle Traffic should expect delays at 26th Ave. and 27th Ave.
26th and 27th Avenues from Fulton Street to Lake Street closed to through traffic. Cross on California, Clement, Geary, Balboa or Cabrillo – expect significant delays.
Sunset and Richmond Districts – 6:00am to 11:30am
- North and south access through Golden Gate Park should use Great Highway, Kezar, or 19th Avenue/Park Presidio – expect significant delays.
- In Golden Gate Park, southbound Crossover Dr., JFK Dr. from 47th Ave to Kezar, MLK Jr. Dr from Lincoln to 25th Ave, Transverse Dr., and Stow Lake Dr. will be closed from 5:00 am to approx 11:30 am.
Upper Haight Street – 6:30am to 11:30am
- North and south access across Upper Haight Street should use Kezar Drive (from or to Lincoln off Oak and Fell) – expect significant delays.
Lower Haight Street – 6:30am to 11:45am
- North and south access across Lower Haight Street should use Steiner or Fillmore – expect significant delays.
Market Street – 6:30am to 12:00 Noon
- Westbound and Eastbound travel on, and access to, Market Street at Duboce Ave. and Guerrero Street should expect significant delays.
Mission and Potrero Districts: 15th, 16th, and 17th Streets – 6:45am to 12:30pm
- Northbound and southbound traffic needing to cross over 15th, 16th, and 17th streets should use Highway 280 or Highway 101 whenever possible. Crossovers are also available at some city streets where significant delays should be expected – Valencia, South Van Ness, Folsom, Bryant, or Potrero Street.
Third Street Detour – 7:00am to 12:30pm
- Impacted between 20th and 23rd Streets.
- Southbound traffic should use westbound 20th Street overpass to southbound Pennsylvania Street to eastbound 23rd Street to Third Street. Northbound traffic should use westbound 23rd Street to northbound Pennsylvania Street to eastbound 20th Street to Third Street.
South Beach Area – 7:00am to 12:30pm
- Terry Francois Blvd. will be closed.
Giants Game Day Suggested Detour Routes
If you are going to the Giants game check out these detour routes that will help get you to the game!
NB 280 Mariposa St. Exit:
North bound vehicles taking the Mariposa St. exit will be directed Westbound on Mariposa St. to Southbound Pennsylvania where they can take 18th St. or 20th St. Westbound to Northbound 3rd St. to Northbound Terry A Francois Blvd. to Lot A or the Ballpark by crossing the 3rd St. Bridge.
SB 280 Mariposa St. Exit:
South bound vehicles taking the Mariposa St. exit to head Southbound on Pennsylvania where they can take 18th St. or 20th St. Westbound to Northbound 3rd St. to Northbound Terry A Francois Blvd. to Lot A or the Ballpark by crossing the 3rd St. Bridge.
NB 280 Cesar Chavez Exit:
Northbound Vehicles to go Eastbound on Cesar Chavez and Northbound on Indiana St. or 3rd St. to Westbound 23rd St and then Northbound on Pennsylvania, from here vehicles to head Westbound on 20th St. or 18th St. to Northbound 3rd St. to Northbound Terry A Francois Blvd. to Lot A or the Ballpark by crossing the 3rd St. Bridge.
SB 280 Cesar Chavez Exit:
Northbound Vehicles to go Northbound on Pennsylvania St. Westbound on 20th St. or 18th St. to Northbound 3rd St. to Northbound Terry A Francois Blvd. to Lot A or the Ballpark by crossing the 3rd St. Bridge.