As promised, I’m writing down and planning my 2011 Race Calendar. Yesterday I told you all the factors that I consider when planning the year that inevitably has led me to my choices. However, I also told you about my issues with sticking to the plan, impulse registering, and all of that. SO, here is my TENTATIVE calendar:
- February 6, 2011 Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon
- March 6, 2011 Napa Valley Marathon
- April 2, 2011 Golden Gate Headlands Half Marathon
- April 17, 2011 Presidio 10 (10k or 10 miler)
- May 1, 2011- Big Sur Marathon 21 Miler
- June 18, 2011 Grandma’s Marathon, Duluth MN
- September 25, 2011- Lake Tahoe Half Marathon
- October 2011- EITHER Long Beach Marathon (10/16) or Denver Marathon (10/9)
- November 6, 2011- US Half Marathon, San Francisco
So I’ve picked 4 half Marathons, 3 Full Marathons, a 21 Miler, and a 10k or 10 miler (tbd). I will still pick a few 5k or 10k tune-up runs or for fun with friends. But I’m pretty excited about this line-up. It has a little bit of everything, some travel, some trail runs, a few races I want to go back to, and some new races to try.
I had some major decision-making with so many races to choose from, but I’m really excited about this year! Anyone running these races? Maybe I’ll see you out there!