The 1st Half Marathon covers the first half ofThe San Francisco Marathon® course witha slight deviation for the final ½ mile. The race starts on the Embarcadero (near the Ferry Building) and finishes in Golden Gate Park. The course is USATF certified.
What do you receive?
- Registration fees include an entry into the 1st Half Marathon
- Official Race Technical Shirt
- Free shuttle busing from the finish line in Golden Gate Park to the Main Staging Area (near the Start Line and the Ferry Building). Shuttle buses leave between 6:30AM and 9:45AM.
- Official Finishers will receive a medal
- Finish Line food, water, and electrolyte
- Electronic Finishers’ Certificate
- NOTE: If you are not an Official Finisher, you will not be guaranteed a medal or an official result
In order to qualify as an Official Finisher, you must finish within a 3 hour course limit. The course has a rolling closure based on the last wave start and based on a 13:45 minute per mile pace. Therefore, you must reach Mile 1 before 13:45 minutes, Mile 2 before 27:30 minutes and so on.
If you are unable to run within the allotted time, you will be asked to move onto the sidewalk. Once you are on the sidewalk, you must follow all traffic laws deemed by the City and County of San Francisco. The course will be re-opened to traffic and aid stations may be closed.