The 2nd Half Marathon covers the second half of The San Francisco Marathon® course with a slight deviation at Mile 2. The race starts in at Spreckel’s Lake in Golden Gate Park and finishes on the Embarcadero (near the Ferry Building). It passes through Haight/Ashbury, the Mission District, into Mission Bay, and passes AT&T Park, finishing just before the Ferry Building. This course does not cross the Golden Gate Bridge. The course is USATF certified.
What do you receive?
- Your registration includes an entry into the 2nd Half Marathon
- Official Race Technical Shirt
- Free shuttle busing from the Main Staging Area (near the Main Start Line and the Ferry Building) to the 2nd Half Start Line in Golden Gate Park
- Official Finishers will receive a medal
- Finish Line food, water and electrolyte
- Electronic Finishers’ Certificate
- Eligibility to participate in the Team Competition
- NOTE: If you are not an Official Finisher, you will not be guaranteed a medal or an official result
In order to qualify as an Official Finisher, you must finish within a 3.5 hour course limit. The course has a rolling closure based on the last wave start and based on a 16:01 minute per mile pace. Therefore, you must reach Mile 1 before 16:01 minutes, Mile 2 before 32:02 minutes and so on.
If you are unable to run within the allotted time, you will be asked to move onto the sidewalk. Once you are on the sidewalk, you must follow all traffic laws deemed by the City and County of San Francisco. The course will be re-opened to traffic and aid stations may be closed.
Additional InformationPacket Pick-Up Start Times
Bag Check and Shuttle Bus Details