The California Time Travel Challenge (CTTC) begins at the OC Marathon in 2019. To qualify, Run the OC (half or full) in May, then travel up to the City by the Bay and beat your OC finishing time in July at the Biofreeze SF Marathon or Half Marathon. All runners that beat their time will receive the TIME TRAVEL medal in San Francisco. If you can’t begin your challenge in Orange County, no problem, begin your challenge in San Francisco in July. After SF, travel down to the OC in May and beat your time at the SDCCU OC Marathon or Half. Allowances may be made to your time for course difficulties, etc.
- If you begin your challenge with a half marathon, you automatically qualify for the medal if you move up to the full marathon at the next event.
- To be eligible, runners must register for both events with the same first name, last name and birth date.
- Events must be completed consecutively but not necessarily in the same year. If you skip an event, the challenge must be started over.
- Upon completion of the second event, runners can pull up their finishing time on their smart phone Runner Tracker to see if their “Time Travel” was successful and if so, can pick up their award at the CTTC tent.
- After completing the challenge and getting the award, the challenge can continue by travelling back to the next event and attempting to beat your time again. The Time Travel medal award will change each year so you can continue to collect the California Time Travel Challenge medal.
Race Day Instructions
- Pick up your bib at our Race Expo and check for the Challenge stamp. This is the ticket to pick up your medal at the finish line. If your bib is not stamped, please visit the Solutions Table at the Race Expo.
- Medals will be available for pick-up at the Challenges Tents at the Finish Line of the 2nd qualifying event.
- Medals must be picked up at the Finish Line and will not be mailed for any reason.